MDO Program Information
2013 Enrollment forms are available Monday, Feb. 11th. In-house can turn them in starting Monday, Feb. 25th and General Public can turn them in starting Wednesday, March 6. Stop by church to pick up the forms!
At Westwood Church we believe that children are a precious gift from God. It is our desire to have this program be a place where children can learn, explore and discover their world in a safe and loving atmosphere where the love of Jesus is shown consistently. Our hope is that during the time children are entrusted to us, parents will be able to accomplish necessary tasks, fellowship with others and/or spend time growing spiritually.
We strongly advocate and support the Christian values of sharing, caring and loving. The Christian aspect of our program is visible daily through our simple prayers and songs. Children are instructed that God created them, Jesus loves them, and they are important and unique because a loving God created them.
- To provide quality childcare and Christian programming for children ages 6 weeks – preschool age. (most likely 5 years old)
- To provide a place for the children of ministry staff and preschool staff while they are working in their assigned jobs.
- To provide a place for families to become familiar with Westwood through relationships with MDO staff, Ministry staff and then the outreach programming have an opportunity to learn more about a relationship with Jesus.
- To bless children and families by sharing the love of Jesus through each and every day MDO is offered.
- MDO will provide a safe, loving and nurturing environment for children because we believe children are a precious gift from God.
- MDO will daily invade the hearts and lives of children with Jesus through Bible Stories, prayer, Christian songs, finger plays and crafts.
- MDO will be led by a Westwood member passionate about blessing kids and reaching out to families for the Kingdom.
- MDO staff will as often as possible be made up of adults who are familiar and active in the life of Westwood programming to enable them to share easily about Westwood and all that is available to families.
- MDO will actively reach out to unchurched families through relationships and outreach events.
- MDO will be interested and concerned about the life and care of its families through daily communication and prayer for those families.
Monday thru Friday
Morning Session: 9:00-11:45 AM
Afternoon Session: 12:15-3:00 PM
We follow the Millard Public Schools calendar, including snow days, holidays, etc. Please see below for the current calendar.
Summer: June 10 – August 1, 2013
Monday and Wednesday Mornings: 9:00-11:45 AM
Tuesday and Thursday all day: 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
Fall: September 3, 2103 – May 21, 2014
Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
Late Pick-Up Fee
Please be prompt in picking up your children! A five-minute grace period will be given for pick-up time. If your child is not picked up within the five-minute grace period, a one dollar per minute late fee will be charged from pick up time. (i.e. if you arrive at 3:15 pm for 3:00 pm pick up, you will be charged $15.00) If you anticipate a late arrival, please call so that we may alleviate your child’s concern. However, you will be charged the late fee.
Lunch Pal Program
All-day children must bring a sack lunch. We provide milk. If this lunch period for your child is between 1/2 Day Pre-School and 1/2 Day MDO, there is an additional charge of $5.00, billed as part of the MDO invoice each month. If you are here a full day through MDO, we do not charge for lunch pals.
Under age 2 – $14.00 per session
Age 2 and above – $12.50 per session
Tuition statements will be available the first of the month. Tuition is due by the 10th of each month. A late fee of $10/week will be charged for late payments. Payment is required regardless if the child attends. If you have any questions regarding your statement, please see the coordinator. This statement is your tax record and contains our Federal Tax ID Number. All tuition is due and payable on the 10th of each month.
For more Mom’s Day Out policies and information, please click here for our handbook: