To lead children to a personal relationship with Christ, to nurture them in the Word of God, and equip them to go out into the world sharing the promise of Christ and living transformed lives.
- We provide a safe, loving and secure environment for children to explore their relationship with God.
- We believe the teaching of God’s Word should be age-appropriate and presented in relevant and interactive ways.
- We accept children as they are and attempt to meet their individual needs.
- We pray for all children to accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.
- We believe children are precious gifts from God.
Sunday Morning Programming
Elephant Room Headquarters
Infants and toddlers are given lots of love and nurturing during the time they are entrusted to us. The safe, clean and loving care of your child is important to us! This nursery is open all morning long.
Lion Room Headquarters
A safe, fun place for 2 year olds (and those who turn 3 after August 31st, 2011) where praising God, praying to God and learning about God through Bible stories, crafts and worship is introduced at just their level.
Sunday School and Children’s Worship
Sunday School (9:45am)
We offer age-graded classes for kids pre-K through 5th grade. Kids hear Bible stories and learn how to apply them to their lives with fun games, activities and crafts. In addition, they have lots of fun, learn to pray and build relationships with each other.
Wee Worship (following the Children’s Message at the 11:00am service)
A worship experience for preschoolers (children age 3 by August 31st, 2011 through pre-K) full of praise, prayer and promises from God in a worship setting.
Children & Worship (following the Children’s Message at the 11:00am service)
A worship time for kids kindergarten-2nd grade that shares God’s stories from the Bible in a new and refreshing way and then encourages the children to respond to the stories through a variety of activities. A time of prayer and praise is a part of every worship experience.
G.I.F.T. Ministry (Growing in Faith Together)
Designed especially for 3rd & 4th graders, this program helps students transition in to adult worship. Stop at the G.I.F.T. table in the back of the worship center for “worship helps!” *Community Sunday: every 2nd & 3rd Sunday kids meet after the children’s message in the Youth Room at the 11:00am service.
Wednesday Night Programming
KIDS CLUBS – 6:15-8:00 p.m.
Our Kids Clubs are one of the most exciting and treasured times of the week at Westwood! The clubs focus on building relationships, having fun and growing closer to Jesus.
Kids clubs are designed as follows:
- HoneyBees for Jesus — 2 year olds
- Cubby Bears for Jesus — 3 years old by August 31st- Pre-K
- AllStars for Jesus I — High 5/Kdgn
- AllStars for Jesus II — 1st Grade
- AllStars for Jesus III — 2nd & 3rd Grade
- Salt & Light — 4th & 5th Grade
- Kids Choirs for 2 years — 5th grade are a part of the WNL! program.